This is what I was thinking about when I was considering getting Xenoblade Chronicles X on my Wii U. I knew it was a massive open world game. I also knew there was an online component with Blades, but I did not have to participate in it if I did not want to because the game can be single player. I was interested in it since I have Xenoblade Chronicles 3D on the Nintendo 3DS and Xenoblade Chronicles 2 on the Nintendo Switch.
I decided to get it on Monday after I received a GameStop gift card for my birthday last week! So here are my impressions after spending some time with the game.
Humans had to escape earth after aliens attacked their ship. They land on a foreign planet and are trying to survive in the new planet and look for survivors. The Blades are responsible for helping with survival on Earth with 8 divisions.
I chose the Interceptor division because I thought it would be best for single player because it mainly involves fighting enemies and completing missions.
The other divisions range from exploration, to fighting, to collecting materials, to installing data probes, and helping with teamwork. This is where the multiplayer aspect comes in, but I have set my game currently to be as private as possible so I cannot comment on the multiplayer. I just like playing by myself since I am not used to playing multiplayer games and the game will easily let you play single player if you turn off social settings!
I loved that in this Xenoblade Chronicles game you can customize your character! You can choose how their face looks, the color of their hair, skin, and eyes, makeup, and their voice. I made my character have red hair with purple tips, purple eyes, black eye makeup that looks like a mask, and a warrior style voice.
I recommend reading the manual to better understand combat and the game in general, but so far it is fun! I like that you can target on different parts of enemies. I also love that you automatically get a ranged and a melee weapon so you can switch from fighting far away to fighting close.
The combat music is also really good! The music in general is great in this game! I also love exploring and fighting various enemies as you explore.
Things I Like
- Character customization
- The combat is fun and engaging
- I love the various enemies I have seen especially since some enemies are huge and I cannot wait to fight them
- The music is really great, I love the music style in this game
- Massive world that should be really fun to explore
- Learning about the story and progressing through the story
Minor Things I Noticed
- The disc version of the game which I have comes with free DLC to make it load faster. Getting all of the DLC packs took up a lot of space which I did not mind because I do not want to get any games online for the Wii U. These only make the game take less time to load and there is only one essential pack to get so only getting the essential pack will save up space on the Wii U.
- Miiverse is gone so Blade Reports are unavailable for new gamers such as myself. Since I am not a fan of multiplayer games, this does not bother me, but I do think it is worth mentioning to new players.
So Is It Worth Playing?
Definitely! It’s so much so far and I am only on Chapter 3! The game has been fun and engaging. I love the combat, I love that I can create my own character, I love the massive open world I can explore! I cannot wait to play more of this game!
Have you played Xenoblade Chronicles X? What did you think of the game?