This quarantine period has not been easy. I am extroverted and like being around people. All I can do is currently is work and then go home. I know it hasn’t been easy for everyone else as well so I thought I would make a post of things that are helping me stay positive and I hope that you can find some things or use some of these things to help you find positivity as well!
These artists help me stay positive with their upbeat or fun music!
- Ninja Sex Party (A comedy band)
- Panic at the Disco (rock)
- Walk the Moon (rock)
- Lil Nas X (rap)
- Halestorm (metal)
- New Years Day (metal)
- The Haxans (goth pop)
I recommend reading some old favorite series or new series that will last you a few days. I am going to read the Fallen series by Lauren Kate. I have read the first book, but I never finished the whole series.
I recommend these channels to help cheer you up!
- Call Me Kevin (love his Harry Potter game playthroughs)
- Game Grumps and The Grumps (Their Mario, Zelda, and Phoenix Wright series are really funny and The Grumps have 10 minute episodes where they will sit and do something like bobbing for apples or making Nintendo pancakes)
- Gab Smoulders (I love her playthroughs of Fatal Frame because she teaches you Japanese)
I am going to watch the playthrough of the Desperate Housewives game by KPopp because that looks like it’s going to be a really funny and dramatic game.
I would recommend comedies or feel-good series here like:
- Queer Eye on Netflix
- RuPaul’s Drag Race on Hulu
- Derry Girls on Netflix
- Scrubs on Hulu (an old favorite show of mine!)
- How to Keep a Mummy (an adorable anime)
I would recommend anything with a party mechanic or social aspect.
- Dragon Age: Inquisition
- Persona 5 (Cannot wait for Royal!)
- League of Legends
- Animal Crossing: New Horizons (Can’t wait to play today!)
Here are some relaxing activities you can try:
- Yoga at home
- Writing or Journaling
- Taking walks outside
- Playing or Learning an instrument
- Skype friends and do online hangouts
- Spend time with family, people you live with, or pets
Spread the Positivity
I encourage everyone who reads this post to post something you do to stay positive in the comments or on the Tweet. I would like this to be a way for us all to help each other be positive or stay calm. I hope this helps you all and stay safe! You could also make your own post on staying positive if you want!