I was nominated by the Real Neat Blog Award by Fitzy Game Time! I am so happy that this is my first Real Neat Blog Award and second blog award nomination! I am also happy that my blog is considered “neat” because I really do want to use my blog to talk about video games and why they are so special to me and other gamers! Thank you to Fitzy Game Time and you can check out a post I like of Fitzy’s here!
Fitzy noted the rules of the blog and I will do the same here! The rules are:
- Show the logo
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and link to their blog
- Answer the questions
- Nominate 7-10 bloggers
- Ask them 7 questions
The scenario and questions I have are:
Scenario: You wake up to find yourself strapped to a cold metal table. You glance around and notice a lot of fancy technology but a bunch of stuff that bears a striking resemblance to video game consoles. You see a bunch of moving things in the corner of your eye. They turn to look at you as you quickly look away from them. You spy a window and quickly realise that you are flying through space. Then it dawns on you, you’re aboard an alien spaceship.
1. From the darkness you hear the things conversing with each other. It sounds eerily similar to a made up language you’ve heard in a video game. What games language do they sound like?
The language that this being is speaking is Hylian from The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker HD on the Wii U. I love the way the language sounds and I also love the writing system of the language!
2. One of the moving things starts shuffling towards you, as it gets closer you start to make out its shape. You can’t believe it but it’s a being that you know from video games. What is it, from which series and why does that particular being terrify you?
A terrifying being would be a xenomorph from Alien: Isolation on the PC. I played that game and every time I played it that terrifying alien would appear in my dreams! I do not like that it cannot be killed and that it is super fast and quiet and can appear anywhere!
3. The being realises that it has startled you. It clicks a button and begins talking to you in English. It explains that a translator has been activated and that it can still sense your duress. It says it wishes to play a song for you, a song of your choosing from video games to help calm you down. Which video game song do you pick?
I pick “Somnus” from Final Fantasy XV on the PlayStation 4. That song has soothed me since I first picked up the game. My friend also learned it on the piano and plays it for me when I am anxious.
4. After you calmed down, the being clicks a button and you are released from the table. The being explains that it has been watching Earth for a long time and their race has a fascination with Earth’s video games. They wish to join Earth in its gaming culture and the being explains that they love local competitive video games. The being requests that the two of you play a friendly match together. It requests that you pick any game that has existed on any gaming system (PC included) but that the game must include alien races, as the beings find the exclusion to be upsetting to them. It doesn’t need to their species but something beyond Earth. The being suggests that if you win the game, it will show you around the ship. Realising that this may be your best chance to escape, what game do you pick that you feel confident in winning?
I do not play many competitive games so this one will be tricky. But, I do have one that does include an alien and I would be good at as long as it is on easy. I would pick Super Mario Party for the Nintendo Switch. The alien races in this games are Goombas and the Toads and Bowser looks alien enough! Super Mario Party would give me an advantage when it comes to the minigames because I know some of the minigames so I should be able to beat them in the minigames! I would also have an advantage of playing the game beforehand so I would know how to win the game.
5. After you win the match, the being praises you to all its fellow crew. They rejoice and hail you as Earth’s champion. The alien then requests you follow it around the ship. As you walk through the long corridors, you come across a wall of familiar weapons. On the wall is dozens upon dozens of weapons from video games. But, the weapons are half and half. The being explains that something went wrong and all the weapons were split in half and then merged with a random weapon. They all worked though and the beings liked the results so they kept them. Amongst the weapons you spot a weapon ideal for your current situation. You lunge for the weapon and proceed to go through with the act of escaping. What weapon fusion have you chosen and why? (For the sake of the following questions, it can’t be a weapon that would get you off the ship.)
The weapon is a fusion of the Monado from Xenoblade Chronicles 3D for the Nintendo 3DS and Bayonetta’s Scarborough Fair guns from Bayonetta for the Nintendo Switch. The Monado is a sword that can cut through robots so it would be powerful against the xenomorphs. Bayonetta’s Scarborough Fair weapons would be able to hurt the xenomorphs from a distance and they are magical so they should definitely be able to protect me from the xenomorphs!
6. After your altercation with the being, you make a dash in the opposite direction from where you woke. As you run you hear a blaring noise and realise that the alarm has been sounded. You enter a new room and before you you see an escape pod. You go to enter the shuttle but quickly realise that you best prepare yourself first. At the back of the room and spy a row of containers, each with a spacesuit. The beings have created fully functioning spacesuits from video games. Each one with the abilities of their video game counterparts and fully stocked with oxygen. How convenient, you think! Which spacesuit do you take and why?
The spacesuit I choose would look like Bayonetta’s. I love the costume design from the first Bayonetta for the Nintendo Switch. It looks comfortable and like it would be fun to wear! I also find it funny to imagine someone creating a spacesuit that has heels!
7. After suiting up, you enter the pod. Before you is a mouse, keyboard and a display screen. The screen prompts you to press the Esc button to launch the shuttle. So you do just that. The escape pod breaks away from the ship and hurtles through space. The screen prompts you to type in your destination. EARTH you type. ‘Insufficient fuel’ the screen unfortunately tells you. The display then prompts a list of choices for you in the vicinity. It details a bunch of prototype worlds that the beings had set up. Each world has been created to resemble a video game world and has Earth’s atmosphere implemented on it. On the list you spy a place that you recognise from your games and you decide that that *Blank* Planet is ideal for you. What planet is it and why?
Oh this is a tough one! There are so many video game world I would love to visit! I think I’ll go with Skyrim from The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim on the Nintendo Switch. This is my choice because the world is so vast I have yet to explore all of it! I am still playing through the game mainly focusing on side quests. I would choose this world because I would love to build a house there and try Sweet Rolls and explore the world and make friends with the various people of Skyrim. Plus, I would love to see a dragon! Although from a distance, not destroying whatever town I am living it! I find Skyrim to be so peaceful and sometimes like to play it when I am stressed because it calms me to be in a different world. I could easily imagine myself settling down in a house I build with a family and working in one of the villages!
Questions and Nominations
Scenario: You wake up to start your day going to school or work. Except this isn’t your bed and this room is not your room. On a closer inspection you do begin to notice that this room is familiar to you. You rise to get dressed and leave the room.
- You step outside to find out you are in the world of the game that you most recently played! What game would that be?
- An ally approaches you to help you find out how you were transported to this game. The problem is this ally happens to be the most annoying video game character you can think of. Who is it why are they so annoying to you?
- You and your ally venture out to find out why you have become trapped in another world. But, before you leave you need something to fight with? What weapon do you choose from a video game?
- After journeying for a while you come to a strange glitch. It seem that the last video game you played has turned into something terrifying. It has turned into the scariest video game you have played? What game would this be and why is it so terrifying?
- The person who transported you here is in this world. His motive is he wants to take over the human world by removing the humans from the human world and transporting them to various video game worlds. This villain is also the most powerful video game villain you can think of. Who is this villain?
- You’re really struggling to take down this villain and your annoying ally really is not helping things. At least they seem to be annoying the boss! They annoy him so much that you manage to sneak away while the boss is distracted and pick up an item that allows you to call another ally. Which ally do you really want on your side? Pick your favorite video game character that you think can take down this boss!
- After successfully defeating the boss, it is time to return home. You find the machine the boss built to transport humans to the video game worlds and you decide to destroy it after you set it up to return you home. But, first you decide to visit your favorite game from your childhood? What childhood game do you decide to visit?
My nominees are:
16-Bit Dad, check out his post “How to Find Awesome Gaming Fashion”
Adventure Rules, check out his post “For a Brief Moment Super Mario Party, Made me Feel Like a Kid Again”
HideNGoShauna, check out her post “Japan Memories Day 1: Hello Japan”
I Played the Game, check out his post “New Console – New Games”
Normal Happenings, check out his post “Stardew Valley | The Game That (Re)Defines Me”
OverThinker Y, check out his post “Tom Raider (2013) – Who is the Tomb Raider?”
Sheikah Plate, check out her post “Hot Buttered Apple”
The Gaming Diaries, check out her post “Screenshot Saturday: A Costume Doesn’t Hide Feelings”
Thank you to Fitzy for my Neat Blog Award nomination!